- A new product development model is established for the design and development of industrial products. It can quickly, directly and precisely transform design ideas into physical models with certain functions.
2、Application in the field of machinery manufacturing. Mostly used in the manufacture of single pieces, small quantities of metal parts manufacturing. Some special complex parts, because only a single piece of production, or less than 50 pieces of small batch, generally can be used directly RP technology molding, low cost, short cycle time.
3, rapid prototyping technology and traditional mould manufacturing technology combined application. The application of rapid prototyping technology in mould manufacturing can be divided into direct mould making and indirect mould making. Direct mould making refers to the use of RP technology to make moulds directly by stacking, while indirect mould making is to make rapid prototyping parts first, and then get the required moulds by replicating the parts.
4、Application in medical field. Based on medical image data, RP technology is used to make human organ models, which are of great application to surgical operations.
5、Application in the field of culture and art. In the field of culture and art, rapid prototyping manufacturing technology is mostly used for art creation, cultural relics replication, digital sculpture, etc.
6, in the field of aerospace technology applications. In the field of aerospace, aerodynamic ground simulation experiments, i.e. wind tunnel test is an essential part of the design of advanced performance of the round-trip system between heaven and earth (i.e. the space shuttle).
7, the application in the home appliance industry, rapid forming system in the domestic home appliance industry has been popularized and applied to a large extent, so that many home appliance enterprises in the forefront of the domestic, have used rapid forming system to develop new products.
Features of rapid prototyping technology
- unlimited materials used in the manufacture of prototypes, various metallic and non-metallic materials can be used.
- high reproducibility and interchangeability of prototypes.
the manufacturing process is independent of the geometry of the manufacturing prototype, which is superior when processing complex surfaces.
- low processing cycle time and cost, cost independent of product complexity, generally 50% reduction in manufacturing cost and more than 70% saving in processing cycle time.
- Highly integrated technology, which can achieve the integration of design and manufacturing.