Aluminum die casting has a very important role in the current industry, in many industries have a very wide range of uses, society in the continuous development, people’s living needs are also increasingly high, in the operation of the aluminum pressure casting process demand is also increasing.
The main advantages of aluminum die casting
- The appearance of aluminum die casting is beautiful and light in weight. It can be easily transported in the process of operation, and it is also a great benefit to be used in automobiles.
- The density of aluminum alloy is obviously smaller than cast iron and cast steel, but the strength and corrosion resistance are much higher. Therefore, under the same load weight, the use of aluminum die casting can greatly reduce the weight of the structure.
- For aluminum alloy this material surface, its surface gloss is very good, but also in casting performance is good.
- The mechanical properties and tensile strength of aluminum die casting, in the production of the material when the fracture of the great resistance, to a certain extent its elongation, is a measure of material brittleness and plasticity, hardness, is the material surface on the hard material pressure or friction caused by plastic deformation resistance.
- The working temperature, humidity and workpiece contact medium and air tightness requirements of aluminum die casting, the requirements of the whole product can achieve precision and dimensional stability.
- The accuracy of the aluminum die casting lines and the roughness of the surface in a certain degree will directly affect its pump and hydraulic system working efficiency, energy consumption and the development of the corrosion, etc., the internal combustion engine cylinder block, cylinder head, cylinder liner, piston ring, the strength of the exhaust pipe such as cast aluminum and quench heat shock resistance, and directly affects the working life of the engine.
Sand casting is preferred for aluminum die casting. The main reason is that sand casting has lower cost, simpler production process and shorter production cycle than other casting methods. When the wet type cannot meet the requirements, consider the use of clay sand surface dry sand, dry sand or other sand. The casting method of cast aluminum parts should adapt to the production batch. Low pressure casting, die casting, centrifugal casting and other casting methods are only suitable for mass production because of the expensive equipment and mold. The cast and pressed aluminum parts can be cast in a single piece or in mass production.
The advantages of die casting include excellent dimensional accuracy of the casting. Usually THIS DEPENDS ON THE CASTING MATERIAL, WITH A TYPICAL VALUE OF 0.1MM FOR THE FIRST 2.5CM SIZE AND 0.002MM FOR EACH ADDITIONAL 1CM. Compared with other casting processes, the surface of the casting is smooth, and the radius of the rounded corners is about 1-2.5 microns. In contrast to sandbox or permanent mold casting, it is possible to make castings with a wall thickness of approximately 0.75 mm. It can directly cast the internal structure, such as wire sleeve, heating element, high strength bearing surface. Other ADVANTAGES INCLUDE THE ABILITY TO REDUCE or AVOID SECONDARY MACHINING, FAST PRODUCTION, casting tensile strength up to 415 MPA, and the ability to CAST highly LIQUID metals.
The biggest disadvantage of die casting is its high cost. The casting equipment as well as molds and die related components are expensive compared to other casting methods. Therefore, it is more economical to produce large quantities of products when making die castings. Other disadvantages include the fact that this process is only suitable for metals with high mobility and that the casting mass must be between 30g and 10kg . In normal die casting, the last batch of castings will always have pores. Therefore, no heat treatment or welding can be performed, because the gas in the gap will expand under the heat, resulting in micro defects inside and peeling of the surface.
The characteristics of
Pressure casting, referred to as die casting, is a casting method in which molten alloy liquid is poured into the pressure chamber, the cavity of the steel mold is filled at high speed, and the alloy liquid is solidified under pressure to form a casting. Die casting is distinguished from other casting methods by high pressure and high speed.
① The liquid metal is filled with the cavity under pressure, and crystallizes and solidifies at higher pressure, the common pressure is 15-100mpa.
② Liquid metal filling cavity at high speed, usually in 10-50 m/s, some can be more than 80 m/s, (through the gate into the cavity linear velocity – gate speed), so the filling time of liquid metal is very short, about 0.01-0.2 seconds (depending on the size of the casting and different) can be filled cavity.
Die casting is a precision casting method. The size tolerance of the die cast is very small, and the surface accuracy is very high. In most cases, the die cast can be assembled without turning, and threaded parts can also be cast directly. From the general camera parts, typewriter parts, electronic computing devices and ornaments and other small parts, as well as cars, locomotives, airplanes and other vehicles of complex parts are mostly made by the use of die casting.