The production speed of V1’s partner Guangzhou Leijia is much higher than that of general SLM (the forming principle and effect are different). In addition, metal powder with large particle size can be used, and the comprehensive cost can be reduced by more than 90%.
3DP is one of the core technologies in the field of droplet spray forming of unformed materials. 3DP process is similar to SLS process, which is formed by powder materials, such as ceramic powder and metal powder.
The difference is that the material powder is not connected by sintering, but the section of the part is “printed” on the material powder with adhesive through the nozzle. The parts bonded with adhesive have low strength and need post-treatment. The place where the binder is not sprayed is dry powder, which plays a supporting role in the forming process, and it is easy to remove after forming.
V1’s partner Guangzhou Leijia 3DP metal printing and forming equipment adopts composite metal powder materials (including metal powder substrate, burning promoter, reducing agent, etc.) and sprays multi-component forming agent into the powder bed through high-speed multi jet single pass forming technology. It does not need support and completes the manufacturing of finished metal parts through post-treatment methods such as degreasing and sintering. The binder component in the forming agent makes the powder bond and form. Adjusting the proportion of modifier component can change the hardness, wear resistance and high temperature resistance of parts.
This technology can not only produce metal 3D printing parts on a large scale, but also manufacture metal parts nearly 100 times faster than the existing metal 3D printing system based on laser. At the same time, it can make the parts have different properties in different parts, such as increasing hardness and wear resistance on the surface of the parts. It can also significantly reduce the printing cost of each part, making it a widely used metal manufacturing technology, which can not only provide faster production speed and quality, but also reduce the cost. Metal powder materials in MIM field can be used. The shape of powder does not need spherical, elliptical or even other irregular shapes.
- Without using laser sintering system, composite metal powder materials can be directly sprayed and printed, which is not restricted by the shape of powder materials;
- Without adding support, large-scale production of metal parts printing can be realized, and the speed is greatly higher than that of general SLM, even up to 2 orders of magnitude;
- Greatly reduce the printing cost of parts, and the cost of parts produced by 3DP metal printer is less than one tenth of that formed by existing SLM;
- It has a unique process, which can change the hardness, wear resistance and high temperature resistance of parts by adjusting the modifier components in the parts list to meet different needs;
- It is suitable for aerospace, medical treatment, mold, casting, universities, research institutes, material research and other fields, and is connected with industrial manufacturing.
Combined with the analysis of the report, it can be seen that at present, 3D printing metal parts are expensive. With the gradual development of metal 3D printing technology, it is expected that the manufacturing cost will decline. The improvement of surface finish, the improvement of part quality and the increase of part size will open up application space in all walks of life; V1’s partner Guangzhou Leijia’s Metal 3D printing equipment is very cost-effective. If you need it, you can directly send an email for consultation. In the future, the performance of parts can be predicted according to the property structure processing relationship of materials, so as to realize the early process quality defect monitoring and save the required raw materials and manufacturing time. Predicting process modeling and better understanding of physical and metallurgical mechanisms to deal with performance changes can give full play to the advantages of metal 3D printing technology.